As we grow our business, we have exciting opportunities for workplace relations lawyers.
You will be engaged in an interesting range of matters and with diverse clients, providing advice, representation, training and compliance auditing, as part of a supportive and energetic team. We offer market leading remuneration and promotion opportunities to a senior level. Part-time and flexible work arrangements considered.
We have opportunities up to Senior Associate level for motivated workplace relations lawyers. You will be:
- Working with a motivated team, dealing directly with diverse clients.
- Providing advice, drafting pleadings and running litigation.
- Practice areas including employment law (statute and common law, State and Federal), industrial relations, equal opportunity, discrimination, bullying, adverse action, unfair dismissal matters
- Leading workplace investigations, auditing and supporting client HR and drafting of employment contracts, policies and other legal documents.
- Mentoring junior lawyers, delivery of CPDs and development of the practice.
Benefits of MDC Legal
- Supportive, friendly, focused and well-resourced work environment.
- Attractive salary and benefits.
- Practice building and ownership, opportunities for promotion and leadership roles.
- The opportunity to work autonomously including dealing directly with clients and counsel.
- Hands-on litigation experience including advocacy opportunities.
- Lifestyle benefits including flexible work arrangements and reasonable budgets/targets
Applicants will have at least 3 years post-admission experience with a strong background in workplace relations and employment law, litigation, drafting ability and refined communication skills.
Please forward your confidential application and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
MDC Legal is a boutique employment law firm. We are currently accepting applications for summer clerkships available late November to December 2017.
We seek an enthusiastic person with strong research and writing skills who has completed a law degree or who is in their penultimate or final year of studies.
Prior work experience in, or study of employment law is highly desirable.
The role involves supporting the firm’s lawyers, including:
- Conducting legal research
- Taking new enquiries from potential clients; prepare correspondence
- Assisting with client file management
- Assisting in preparation for, attending and taking notes at client meetings
- Drafting written summaries of advice to clients
- Drafting claims/applications, submissions and pleadings
- Contributing to continuous professional development activities, including drafting articles/presentations for publication
- Assisting with general office administration duties.
Please forward a cover letter addressing your interest in our firm, a resume highlighting relevant experience, a current academic record sheet and any referees to email@example.com for consideration.