The Unique Australian Employment Law Specialists
MDC Legal provides specialist workplace relations solutions efficiently and effectively through high quality legal services.
Who we help: Businesses, executives and senior employees seeking employment law resources, advice or representation.
What we do: Provide high quality, cost efficient legal services for Employment, HR and Workplace solutions as an essential ingredient of the success of any business, we also assist executives and senior employees optimise their employment entitlements
Your Australian Employment Law Specialists
The team at MDC Legal are unique and leading employment lawyers based in Perth. We offer a range of employment law services across the full spectrum of employment, HR and workplace laws in WA, nationally and abroad.
We assist businesses and employees with legal resources, support and representation.
- Services that meet your needs: Our employment lawyers come from diverse professional backgrounds. We are equipped to provide faster, smarter and cost-effective solutions to your employment law needs.
- Employment law expertise: Terminations, unfair dismissals, wrongful dismissal, adverse action and general protections, discrimination, bullying, restraints of trade, employment contracts, workplace culture, human resources advice & support, training & compliance, performance management, workplace investigations, business restructures & redundancies, due diligence, dispute resolution, industrial relations, litigation & advocacy.
- We are unique: Because our lawyers come from diverse professional backgrounds, and because we act on both sides of the fence, representing large businesses, SMEs and start-ups, senior executives, unions, councils, senior executives, among others, which gives us an unique insight and strategic approach to providing workplace and employment law solutions. Doyle’s Law Guide 2015 and 2016 Edition ranks MDC Legal as a ‘leading Employment law firm’, and Mark Cox as a ‘leading Employment lawyer’.
No Surprise Billing
We offer cost-effective legal services, HR advice, and workplace solutions for employers and employees:
- We provide upfront and clear information on fees, which are explained in advance
- We offer fixed fee services that can be tailored to your requirements
Protecting Your Interests
We put your interests first:
- Compliance and business protection services and resources
- HR and workplace solutions
- Settlement options that avoid protracted litigation
- Battle ready workplace lawyers when litigation is necessary
We Welcome Your Employment Law Queries
We assist a range of employers to ensure that their businesses comply with the requirements of the Fair Work Act, State legislation and workplace awards and agreements.
Our expertise can assist you to minimise your employment law risk and avoid the costly consequences of non-compliance. Whenever you need employment or workplace law and HR assistance, talk to the team at MDC Legal. Call us on (08) 9288 4000 or contact us online to see how we can be of assistance. We are based in Perth, however we service clients throughout Australia, and abroad.
HR Advice and Support
Business success depends of getting workplace culture and people management right.
Training and Compliance
Is your business minimizing risk? Are you compliant with workplace laws and regulations?
Interpreting, negotiating or developing employment contracts can be tricky.
Restraints of Trade
Is your commercial information and business goodwill protected?
Performance Management & Misconduct Investigations
Avoid the pitfalls of performance management and ensure effective workplace investigations.
Terminations, Unfair Dismissals and Adverse Action
Minimise risk! Put your best foot forward.
Business Restructures & Redundancies
Some businesses are facing hard times, and some employees are facing redundancies.
Discrimination & Bullying
Bullying is repeated unreasonable behaviour that threatens the welfare of individuals and businesses.
Dispute Resolution & Advocacy
Need help dealing with claims in the court, commission or tribunal?
Dealing with a union or seeking an enterprise agreement, expert advice is important.
Employment Law Support Package
Minimise risk and improve workplace management and culture.
Doing Business In Australia
Minimise your employment law risk and avoid the costly consequences of non-compliance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT EMPLOYMENT LAW
The relationship between employer and employee is subject a multitude of laws and is key to the success of any business.
Employment law encompasses a range of common law, legislation and industrial instruments (like awards and enterprise agreements) across state and federal lines. Employment law includes industrial or labour law and workplace law, human resources or people and culture management, all of which is a complex and ever-changing area of law.
There is a lot to manage and keep on top of, including recruitment, inductions and training, employment contracts, record keeping, policies and procedures, compliance with industrial instruments and laws, bullying and discrimination, performance management and terminations.